Humans are social beings (mostly…). Loneliness is considered to be a risk factor. Communities are key, to our well-being but also to our growth and unfolding. Being surrounded by others has many benefits.
• It connects us to a common cause, a time, a movement and often also a place.
• It refines our practice, personal, professional or hobby. Being with other practitioners elevates our craft, we learn, we teach, we share. Often without fully realizing.
• We get support. Often, just being able to share with others in a similar situation makes us feel a lot better, and we get some advice as well from people who have been there, done that.
• We are accountable. When we share our goals and make it public, we set ourselves up to be more likely to succeed. Groups of likeminded people can hold and drive this.
• It gets us out of our own head. We are of course the center of our own universe, but it does help to break through that to also engage with others, and get some perspective.
What does community represent for you? Which communities are you a part of? What is currently missing?
Check out the values worksheet here.
Or go deeper and get the book.
Or ping me about how coaching might help.